Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tahini, I love you.

It's the last week of Vegan MoFo and I've abandoned my themes. Instead of having a lingonberry Tuesday, I'm continuing with what I did yesterday, declaring my love for something. Lover of the day is tahini.

Last week I was in a store looking for the tahini. I heard a woman talking loudly to her husband about her hate for tahini. I quickly reached for a big jar, feeling sad for the woman who is obviously missing out on this great thing that is blended sesame seeds. It's just so good! I eat it on a lot of things; lettuce, carrots, cabbage pancakes, steamed broccoli, roasted cauliflower etc. YUM! If you want to blend it into a recipe, I can recommend Banana Tahini Cake, Macaroni with tahini sauce, in raw kale salad  or why not sesame cookies. Yes, tahini is awesome in sweet things, just try it already!




0 comments:

Post a Comment