Monday, October 22, 2012

New Food Monday: Pumpkin Pie!


This Saturday I made a pumpkin pie! My first time cooking with pumpkin was during Vegan MoFo 2010. I've since made muffins, scones, cookies, quick bread, chili etc. I like the taste, and the spices that usually goes with it! So while the pumpkin is no new food to me, pumpkin pie is! It's not common cooking with pumpkin in Sweden, and a pumpkin spice latte (that seems to be extremely popular this time of year at every blog I read) is no where to be found. So I had never had pumpkin pie, didn't know what it was supposed to taste like or what consistency it should have, but I was very pleased with what I had in front of me when it was time to have a slice. I used the recipe "Voluptuous pumpkin pie" from Vegan Pie in the Sky, but decided to use the "puffy pie dough" instead of "single and loving it", since I didn't have any shortening. I love this pie crust and the combination was awesome. The slices looked perfect. The only concern I had was that it came out very brown-yellow, not orange! I guess it was because of the kind of pumpkin I used, it was a home roasted and pureed pumpkin grown in one of Martin's relatives garden. However, I'm very pleased with trying pumpkin pie and will probably do it again some time!


Do you like pumpkin pie? What's your favorite recipe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment