Saturday, January 8, 2011


Uh. I arrived to Reykjavík Monday evening, and has been ill ever since. I guess it's "only" a bad cold, but I've felt horrible. Not only physically, but also for missing out on my first week in this new place. Well, I'm starting to feel a bit better now, so hopefully I will be able to take advantage of everything that's offered soon. We live in a room with shared kitchen and bathroom, and although people here seems to have no idea of how to clean up after you, it's ok. It's incredibly central, and the room is nice and light. Since we're only here for three months and nothing in the kitchen is shared property we have a very limited amount of kitchen ware. So I have a feeling that our food will be quite basic during our stay here. However, there's a lot more to choose from in the supermarkets here, it's fresher and a lot cheaper. We've also located two Asian supermarkets nearby so I have big hopes for the food anyway. Since I've mostly been tied to my bed for 5 days, I have nothing exciting to share with you, up there is a picture of the first food I cooked here, penne with tomato sauce. Hope to be able to get back to you with more interesting stuff really soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Really hope you feel 100% soon!
    Looking forward to reading more on Reykjavik :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been ill. Get well soon. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Reykjavik too.

    ReplyDelete